Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Please Pray

ICU

I don't want to be alarmist but Trudie is not doing so good right now.

The fever yesterday has become a full blown case of sepsis(also known as septic shock). It is an infection in the blood stream and is impacting any organ that gets blood. They are fighting it with massive antibiotics.

What isn't helping is that her body hasn't quite gotten used to the fact that it doesn't have a spleen any more. It was in the process of adjusting to no-spleen when this infection hit. So she is very sick now.

I'm here at the ICU waiting area. Her hematologist will be by this evening and I'll get more from him then.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony and I are keeping you both in our prayers at this time. We love you both!

((HUGS))

Robin & Tony

Anonymous said...

Dear Patrick: Know that we all have you and Trudie in our prayers. Have faith all will be well. God loves you both! Jewel

Anonymous said...

Keeping both you you in my thoughts
Gail

Anonymous said...

Y'all are in my prayers.

Juanita said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and praying for you until you are completely well.

Juanita

Anonymous said...

Dear Trudie & Patrick,
Karen & I are keeping you in our prayers. God's Blessings to you both.
Michael & Karen Reed