Monday, September 3, 2007

The Night Before the Big Battle -er- Surgery

Tomorrow Trudie will be undergoing major surgery. This will be by a neurosurgeon to repair her T7 vertebrae. It has a compression fracture and is pressing on her spine. They are scheduled to start at 10:30 AM and take 5+ hours to complete. They will have her on a respirator and so she will go to ICU right after and stay there a day or two. After that she will go to a regular hospital room until she is discharged. They said that this could be 4 to 7 days post-ICU.

I will have my brother-in-law and other friends staying (and praying) with me in the waiting area.

The resected tumor (means cut out) will be sent to pathology for verification of the original diagnosis. Those results will be returned in less than a week.

Thank you for your prayers. We have many stories of how we can see God's hand in events surrounding us. He is showing us that He is right here beside us as we go through this.

Please continue to pray for her speedy recovery after this surgery.

Patrick

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I am so sorry to here of Trudie's illness. Such a debilitating disease and I can understand how difficult it must be for her to go through so many tests, transfusions and now surgery. My prayers are always with both of you.

AuntMillie said...

Patrick,
I wish I could be there with you. Keep me posted.

Edward said...

My thoughts will be with you both today.

- Edward Cone