Monday, September 10, 2007

She's More Like Her Old Self

I visited Trudie on the way into work this morning. She was bright and alert; she was more like her self before the operation. I think that the doctor has finally found the right level of pain medications that is effective and doesn't cloud her mind.

She got out of bed yesterday and was setting up for 45 minutes. The more she's up the sooner she will be out of there. She had much company and many phone calls yesterday.

I don't know what the neurologist thinks her next stop will be. I haven't talked to her since mid-afternoon. We have been told that a rehab assignment to the hospital minor leagues (a rehab center) would help her get well quicker.

The hematologist told me this morning was that he would like to start the first round of chemotherapy in a couple of weeks. He said he would let me know what the pathology report said about the resected tumor when he gets it. Her blood numbers are still very low; they are like there were pre-operation. He said he would order a couple of units of blood to help bolster her.

Keep praying for strength for her and for wisdom for the doctors to select the right course of action.

1 comment:

AuntMillie said...

I talked to Trudie Monday morning, she sounded very clear. Trudie wanted to tell me a hospital story but she couldn't remember it. I told her that if she remembers it to tell you so you could put it in the blog.
I am thinking about the both of you often.
Millie