Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Search for A Pedicure

Anniversary

Last Friday was our 16th wedding anniversary. I was trying to find the perfect gift for Trudie. I did bring her a dozen red roses and a sentimental card. But I wanted to do more.

She has been hinting for the last couple of months before all this happened that she had never spent the money to get a pedicure. She said she has always wanted one. So I thought I would get her one as a (romantic?) anniversary gift.

I need help!

I'm having problems finding someone that will make a hospice call.

If anyone knows of someone who will go to the hospice and give her "the works" please give me a call. I'm willing to pay "retail." Just don't tell Trudie...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick,
Maybe Pat at Park Salon in Lilburn would have an idea. She's done Mom's hair for 20+ years. If she knows it's Tommie's daughter she would try to help.
She's at 770 717 0108
If no maybe one of the cancer non profits, or the hospice social worker, would have a thought.
It's a GREAT idea.
We cleaned her nails as well as possible but they need a real soak and manicure too. Va

Unknown said...

Does the hospice have a resource they can refer?

patrckb said...

I started with the hospice. The Social Worker they had left the day we got there. The new (temporary) person had virtually no local expertise.

Other friends have called different nail shops in the area and no one was willing to make a house call.

Anonymous said...

Patrick, I will be glad to ask Missy to see if there may be anyone available that her Activity Directors in the Dunwoody/Atlanta area know of. It was wonderful seeing all of your family Sunday. Love and prayers from all of the Parkers.

Judie

patrckb said...

Thanks Judie,

I've now got leads on two possibilities. If they both fall through, I'll e-mail you and get Missy to check. But hold off for now. Thanks!

P}

Anonymous said...

One last thought, someone might be more willing to come for the whole manicure/pedicure package plus a travel fee. Good luck, Va

patrckb said...

Thanks to all who helped and offered to help. I've lined up a person to come out tomorrow (Wednesday). Thank you Paulette for help.

Jeannie Greenberg said...

Patrick,

If you are still seeking a salon I have one on Windward and HGY 9 that I am sure would help you out and they are very reasonably priced.

Trudy I bet you have heard Don Piper's account of heaven. WOW - I did too and it gave me such a peace about going to be with the Lord. If you go before us YOU will be there at the gates to greet us! I so look forward to that day!

My love and prayers are with each of you and your family too!

If there is anything I can do for you at all just give me a call at 770 789-4224.

Blessings,

Jeannie Greenberg