Sunday, September 30, 2007

New Stategy

Status
We are still on for Trudie coming home tomorrow. A big thanks to the small group for stopping by our house this afternoon and giving it another good cleaning. Trudie will know I didn't keep it this clean :-).

Old Strategy
I have been operating on the strategy that the doctors have much more education, experience, and wisdom on how to approach this disease. I know I have no control over this disease and I was just following what God was up to and all I could do was the next right thing. But, on the whole I was not getting involved other than keeping up this blog and asking for prayer.

Wake Up Call
Last Tuesday we had a visit in Trudie's room with our family doctor, Dr J. He articulated all my positions and strategies about letting the experts handle the technical details. He told a story about a relative that found out that the "experts" don't know about everything and it is a good thing to learn as much as we can about cancer and to become part of the team that helps fight the disease. He said he was amazed how much non-medical background lay people can learn and intelligently discuss the medical issues involved. I believe this visit was a wake-up call from God telling me to get busy and become part of the team.

New Strategy
So now I'm trying to learn all I can about angiosarcoma. I'm learning about cancer and how it works and how it is attacked. It is a daunting task.

We have our next appointment with the hematologist on Tuesday. I plan to be able to speak more intelligently this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.